- 1960 Foundation of the Co. Seeland.
Manufacture of sports ground material; marketing of boiler slag.
- 1965 Beginning of the marketing of overburden and mining material.
- 1967 Move of the Co. Seeland to the grounds of the former Zeche Bismarck 1/4. Preparation of grounds. Manufacture of sports ground and path construction material.
- 1972 Beginning of the marketing of power station by-products. Acquisition of the Messel oil slate pile; excavation of a raw material which has a one-time occurrence in Germany. Foundation of the Messel subsidiary.
- 1974 Beginning of the production of brick dust for tennis courts.
- 1976 Beginning of the production of lawn support layers for sports ground construction.
- 1977 Remediation of industrial sectors. Excavation of so-called burning tips under extremely difficult conditions. Preparation of sports ground and path construction material.
- 1978 Centralisation of the preparation activities on the newly acquired grounds in Bottrop/ Industriestrasse.
- 1982 Corporate name change to GELSENROT® Spezialbaustoffe GmbH.
- 1983 Beginning of production of recycling construction materials.
- 1984 Large-scale technical manufacture of extensive and intensive vegetation substrates for soil-bound areas.
- 1990 Operational start-up of the stone chip works Borken/Burlo (end of recultivation 2004)
- 1992 Foundation of the Freiberg/ Sachsen subsidiary.
Commissioning of the conditioning plant.
- 1996 Manufacture and marketing of tree substrates.
- 1999 Preparation of commercially used large-scale areas for building.
- 2003 Operational start-up of the open storage facility at Pfaffenhofen near Munich.
Gelsenrot Spezialbaustoffe GmbH offers you products from these product groups:
- Materials and components for construction and maintenance (741)
- Maintenance machinery and equipment (680)
- Playgrounds, leisure grounds, sports grounds (339)
- Construction, maintenance and management of golf courses (267)
- Specialist sectors (470)