- Silva Cell for trees creates an underground frame that can bear traffic loads and in addition offers freely rootable space that allows urban trees to grow into large and beautiful specimen.
- Catchment of excess (rain)water
- Large absorption capacity by uncompacted soil in the cell
The limiting factors in the growth of urban trees are small planting volumes and highly compacted poor-quality soil. The Silva Cell system provides large volumes of uncompacted high-quality soil while maximising the usable space above ground. Because the Silva Cell meets European trafficloading standards, it easily supports roads, parking spaces and paving while its modular design is ideal for almost any application. The advantages of large trees are numerous and range from aesthetic beauty and excess water management to reduction of high temperatures in urban areas. The Silva Cell enables the development of functional and beautiful trees in urban areas.
rees get a chance to grow healthy and functional whil available parking spaces are maximized.
Footpaths and roads:
“Break Out Zones” are created for street trees that enlarge the rootable space underground.
Business parks and public grounds:
When urban trees grow larger they create more shade. This reduces temperatures in urban environments. Excess water is slowed, filtered and cooled, enabling highly efficient water treatment and evapotranspiration onsite.
The Silva Cell system allows for flexible design. The modularSilva Cell supports traffic loads while providing uncompacted soil volumes for bioretention, filtration, storage and recharge of stormwater runoff. Existing site utilities can easily be accommodated, proving full site utilization and maximum ecological benefit
Other products from
Silva Cell - Root and Water management is assigned to following product groups:
- Urban design (547)
- Specialist sectors (467)
- Construction machinery and equipment (777)
- Maintenance machinery and equipment (683)
- Materials and components for construction and maintenance (747)