AlgoClear was developed to impede the mass development and single reproduction of algae in ornamental ponds and biotopes. The liquid biocide AlgoClear is particularly effective in combating single-cell green algae (the water appears green) and thread algae (AlgoLon would be the more effective product, because it works more quickly) as well as in preventing and suppressing blue-green algae. Excessive algae growth is an indication of an incorrect biological balance. This unintended process is often the result of an elevated nutrient content, causing otherwise harmless substances such as phosphate and nitrate to accelerate algae growth. This in turn leads to unsatisfactory environmental conditions as well as to the killing of plants and fish. If excessive phosphate and nitrogen continue to be supplied, even AlgoClear can not always properly compensate. Then the only solution is to reduce the supply of nutrients, e.g. by decreasing phosphate. In this case we recommend our product SeDox.
AlgoClear does not eliminate algae with a chemical blast. Instead, it reduces algae growth by providing a pigment, not visible to the human eye, that deprives the algae of an essential element of sunlight. Another ingredient prevents the algae from absorbing the required nutrients. Depriving the algae of nutrients and light causes it to die slowly, which places less of a strain on the pond than when the algae is killed quickly. It benefits the biological balance of your pond with an intelligent combination of active substances that stop the damaging effects of the algae metabolism. This prevents excessive depletion of carbonate hardness caused by a large quantity of algae, and great pH-value deviations are avoided. Regular use of AlgoClear effectively prevents renewed algae growth and provides ideal conditions for a healthy biological balance in the water.
Ideal application time
AlgoClear works most effectively when it is used in the early stages of algae development. Algae usually blooms in the spring. It may also be necessary to administer another dose in the summer and autumn. AlgoClear should be applied in the morning, because the daily metabolism of the algae allows the best absorption of the ingredients then.
Type of application
Dilute the proper amount of AlgoClear with approx. 10 parts water and then distribute it evenly throughout the pond. To optimize the effect, divide the dosage into two portions and distribute it in the water on two
- In the initial phase of algae growth and as a preventive measure: 50 ml AlgoClear per 1000 liters (1 m³) of pond water.
- We recommend an additional dose two to three weeks later (50 ml AlgoClear per 1000 liters of pond water) to increase effectiveness and to combat germinating spores.
- To fight excessive algae infestation, apply doses of 50 ml/m3 each on two consecutive days.
- When your pond is infested with blue-green algae, a special dosage is necessary: Treat the pond on five consecutive days with one fifth of the normal dosage (10 ml per 1000 liters of water) each day.
- Handle Algicides with care.
- Read package and product information before using!