Due to environmental constraints and rising land costs, there is an increased the need for value engineering, which frequently requires the engineer to make use of poor quality soils as fill materials.
An economic solution that gives engineers the confidence to create structures with a natural green finish are reinforced soil slopes.
Reinforcing Soil Slopes Benefits
- Minimises land use
- Reduces the amount of fill required
- Restricts encroachment into environmentally sensitive areas
- Simple and rapid construction
- Permits the use of locally available soils
- Soft face alternative to hard face retaining walls in sensitive areas.
- Cost-effective alternative to retaining walls