The GKB Aerator has been developed for the decompaction and aeration of artificial turf where sand and/or rubber infill is used. The infill material becomes more compacted with each use of the playingsurface, which leads to loss of quality in terms of bounce, cushioning and water drainage. The Aerator combats this compaction, regenerating the playing surface’s technical characteristics.
"Walking across the field feels like walking on clouds after you've worked with Aerator"
"I have so much confidence in this machine that I use it more than the rake "
- Combat compaction in order to regenerate and/or maintain technical characteristics;
- Combat compaction in order to regenerate and/or maintain sufficient drainage of water;
- Bring debris to the surface so that it can be easily removed;
- Combat algae;
- Restore field to perfect condition.
- Aeration and de-compaction of the field is achieved by using matched pairs of spike rollers;
- The gear ratio between the rollers results in a levering effect that brings the infill material to the surface;
- The hinged frame ensures that the Aerator also works well around turns, which makes it very user-friendly and efficient;
- The working depth can be adjusted by varying the placement of weights in the three-point design.
All models are equipped with 4 geared spike rollers which penetrate down into the compacted material (maximum 3,5 cm) levering out unwanted debris to the surface. The degree of penetration is adjusted by position of ballast weights, supplied and by setting the angle of the front and rear spike roller.