Lite-Net vegetation nets for slopes result in massively improved plant growth and in reduced erosion. Thick nonwoven geotextiles are incised to be extended to their multiple original sizes when placed in situ.
As these nonwoven nets consist of up to 90% open, interconnected voids they drain air and water very well on the one hand and additionally they serve as a water reservoir.
According to research carried out by the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna (BOKU):
- Lite-Net retains approx. two times more water than a common coir mat,
- after 24 hours even 6 times more water than the coir mat.
Thereby this innovative nonwoven net irrigates young plants in a more effective and persistent way. Due to this optimised irrigation plants grow in a better way on Lite-Net slopes.
The research carried out by BOKU shows that
- the vegetation effect with Lite-Net is more than 50% higher than with the coir mat
- the patented nonwoven net is significantly more flexible than the coir mat and hence perfectly adapts to the surface of the slope thereby reducing erosion substantially
Installing it is very simple and easy. With steep slopes the Lite-Net may be fixed using e.g. usual hooks.
Other products from
Lite-Net slope greening is assigned to following product groups:
- Materials and components for construction and maintenance (741)
- Specialist sectors (470)