Gianni Ferrari PG is a multi-purpose machine for the maintenance of green areas and open spaces.
Specializing in cutting and collecting grass ... great in many other applications!
Public green areas
In parks and public green areas you can often find litter, dirt and grass clippings, but the combined action of the collection deck and the effective suction turbine cleans and collects perfectly. This is why PG machines are particularly useful in the maintenance of playgrounds, school courtyards, campsites and in all those situations where cleanliness and safety are essential for the enjoyment of green areas. With a powerful collection system cleaning is ensured and the appearance is impeccable. In addition, PG proves extremely effective in the collection of leaf litter.
PG is a machine very much appreciated by sports clubs. In fact, in addition to equipment for the maintenance of natural grass (mower, aerator / dethatcher, sand spreader), specific equipment is also available for the maintenance of synthetic turf as well as for cleaning athletic tracks. One machine and lots of equipment for a real team play!
Its natural habitat are parks and gardens, but thanks to the more compact size of its class, PG even moves easily and effective in city traffic, including roundabouts, pavements and traffic islands, where it can also be used as a sweeper or equipped for snow removal. In addition, the PG diesel versions have achieved approval as self-propelled machines for road use. These characteristics make them particularly suitable for municipal maintenance, even in winter. A machine for all seasons.
The front axle consists of a differential assembly that connects two reduction gears in oil baths, which transmit the drive to the wheels. The transmission system is very efficient as the hydraulic axial piston motor ensures high performance. In difficult conditions (uneven ground, slopes or poor grip) the mechanical differential with 100% lock ensures that all the available axle torque is transmitted to the wheel offering better grip, always ensuring excellent traction. The 4WD models adopt the unique HTC™ (Hydrostatic Traction Control) device, which provides significant advantages, including:
• preventing the steering wheels damaging the turf when steering, by eliminating the slippage caused by the dragging effect;
• ensuring permanent 4-wheel drive to benefit the safety of the operator. This is very important considering that, when turning, some solutions in the market disengage the traction on one or two wheels, thus losing the prerogative of the 4WD at the expense of safety.
Integrated collection system
Integrated collection system PG front mowers are designed for cutting and collecting grass simultaneously. This basic concept provides the machine with an integrated loading system: the suction turbine and the collection hose are housed inside the traction unit, with many advantages:
• no bulky external collection hoses, keeping the machine compact. The mower is easy to manoeuvre and can be used in tight spaces and thus increase productivity. With no outer hose obstructions the machine is free to work on both sides to further benefit productivity;
• compared to competitors with outer collection hoses, this machine is more stable and balanced, having a better-placed centre of gravity;
• collection is more effective because the cut grass has to travel a shorter distance, hence no friction losses. In this way no cutting waste is left on the lawn and this also prevents clogging the turbine and collecting duct;
• the machine is versatile because the turbine and hopper are always available for use with various equipment.