+++ The entries in the exhibitor & product database correspond to the registration status for GaLaBau 2020 of 1 April 2020. +++
Drainage system prevents damage to exterior stairs
Exterior stairs are subject to the same weather conditions as balcony and terrace surfaces. Water infiltrating via the joints will cause frost damage, efflorescence and stubborn damp stains. Gutjahr’s AquaDrain SD stair drainage system prevents back-up moisture and damage to exterior stairs. Another advantage: there is no need to cut the drainage mats for the stairs to size, which will save installation time and costs.
AquaDrain SD are pre-formed angled elements with a factory-laminated special fleece, which are laid directly on to the stairs. The ceramic or natural stone covering is then installed on top. Since the entire surface area is elevated, a defined drainage cavity is formed which ensures that leakage water runs off rapidly via the drainage channels. Efflorescence and frost damage are thus effectively prevented. Water drainage capacity and surface drying speeds are significantly improved when AquaDrain SD is used in conjunction with single-sized aggregate mortar.
Water guidance edging
A water guidance edging strip prevents ugly lime deposits on stair stringers caused by water seepage. The AquaDrain SD edging is made from extruded hard foam and is glued to the lateral edges of the rungs and raisers using a suitable slurry-type seal coating.
AquaDrain SD can easily be combined with AquaDrain surface drainage systems for balcony and terrace coverings. When low heights are required, for example in renovation projects, surfaces from 25 mm overall height including tiles can be installed in combination with the reinforced thin-layer draining system Watec4E.
Gutjahr offers a 6-year warranty for the stair drainage system to specialist installers.
AquaDrain SD from Gutjahr in a nutshell:
- AquaDrain SD is a drainage system specially designed for exterior stairs.
- AquaDrain SD ensures that water drains from the subfloor quickly, preventing frost damage and efflorescence and accelerating the drying of the top surface.
- The water guidance strips serve as lateral edging.
- Preformed angled drainage modules and stainless steel stair reinforcements make the system easy to install.
- AquaDrain SD can be used for many natural stone, concrete and ceramic surfaces, depending on subfloor height and load requirements.
- It is also ideal for renovation projects since it allows heights from 25 mm including covering when used with the reinforced thin-layer drainage system Watec 4E.